The mission of the Markham Woods Church of Seventh-day Adventists is to bring the healing power of Jesus Christ to broken relationships—with God, with family, with others, with the church, and with nature.
Because we live in a sin-racked world, all our relationships are broken to varying degrees. Even our best falls short of God’s ideal. Yet in spite of our own brokenness, God invites each of us, motivated by Christ’s example of love and empowered by the Holy Spirit, to participate in His work of healing. By cooperating with God in this way, we not only help others, but find even greater healing for ourselves.
As Jesus took the initiative in seeking the lost, our church accepts the responsibility to actively seek out those in need. Our church family is not a fraternity for the perfect but a support group for those needing growth. Our goal is to accept people where they are on their spiritual journey, providing an environment where less-than-perfect people can be confident of love, acceptance, and forgiveness in a spiritual family.
But Jesus offered more than acceptance. He showed us how we should live. Thus our goal is to encourage, instruct and nurture those within our sphere of influence so that each of us can become all that God has in mind for us to be.
- Provide worship experiences that glorify God and uplift the human spirit.
- Foster a sense of fellowship and belonging among members.
- Create an environment where diversity becomes a means of mutual enrichment rather than a barrier between individuals.
- Provide ministries for a specific age, needs and interest groups within the congregation.
- Provide nurture through spiritual instruction and encouragement.
- Make training and outreach opportunities available to every member.
- Provide a wholistic outreach to the community.
- Ensure the financial viability of the Markham Woods Church.
- Support Christian education.
- Support the global mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.